Finding a moving company is vital to the success of your move, be that a domestic or commercial move. Moving home, in particular, is one of the most stressful things that a person has to go through during their lifetime. This is due to a variety of reasons, including the fact that it is emotionally taxing to say goodbye to old friends, neighbors and communities and hoping to fit in with the new one. The fact that the physical act of moving is also stressful doesn’t help with this. This is why it is so important to find the right DC movers to help you. Their work will alleviate a lot of your stress, meaning you can concentrate on the things that really matter. So what are the seven secrets everybody needs to know about finding the best movers?
The Seven Secrets
- Always get referrals for moving companies. There are various good sources to turn to. You will probably know people who have recently moved, and your estate agent may also have recommendations. Social media is also an important source, as is the Better Business Bureau, where you can find out more details about the various moving companies.
- Do not use a moving company that isn’t properly insured, bonded and licensed. Ask for details about these documents and make sure you check their validity as well.
- Visit the US Department of Transportation website to look into the moving company you are considering. You will be able to find a lot of information in relation to the legalities of home moves as well.
- Make sure you receive quotations from at least three different moving companies, five if you can. Do not ask for estimates, but actually ask them to come out and see what needs doing, so that your quotation is as accurate as possible.
- Remember that you are not looking for the lowest price. Rather, you are looking for the best value for money. A service may be more expensive, but if that means you can save on things like fuel, insurance, packaging materials, physical labor and time, they may be worth paying more for.
- When you choose a company based on the quotations, ask them for a ‘binding not to exceed’ estimate as well. This will help you properly budget for your home move.
- Always avoid ‘rogue movers’. While they may be hard to identify, you will have to trust your gut instinct. If you feel something is too good to be true, or just doesn’t seem right, listen to your own heart and do what is right.
If you do decide that you want to hire professional movers for your home or office, you will have to do the necessary research so that you can actually find the best company out there. While this may seem a bit overwhelming because of the variety of choices that are out there, you will be happy to hear that it shouldn’t take you too long to do it. And, most importantly, what little time you spend now means that you will save a lot of time, stress and heartache in the long run.