Matt Rush is a highly respected entrepreneur. He also believes that good entrepreneurs are good people, which means they are people who share. Hence, he wants to ensure others can learn from his experience, his many years of successfully starting up different ventures. And he wants to make sure that people learn from his mistakes as well. This could stop them from making the same ones, after all!
There are many things to learn about entrepreneurship. It seems as if, every day, someone who never went to university or who never finished high school, suddenly makes millions. It is certainly true that becoming a successful entrepreneur is not down to your education. It is, however, down to your ability to learn. You must learn how to succeed and you must learn how to stand up for what you believe in. You must also learn to lose, because very few entrepreneurs were successful with their first venture, and even fewer with every venture.
Matt Rush’s Top 10 Tips for Entrepreneurial Success
An enterprise is a business and a business can only survive if it makes sales. Hence, people who want to be successful must be able to sell, and that means they must be able to market. Everything else can be done by other people. After all, once a business is off the ground, it has to be staffed. So what are the top 10 things that you must implement for success:
- You have to make sure that you find a real need, one that lasts and that must be filled, rather than something on the surface.
- You develop a solution for the need.
- You check whether your proposed solution doesn’t already exist. If it does, you could perhaps improve it, or give it a better price.
- Good entrepreneurs always learn. They study their market more than anything else.
- Surround yourself with smart people. Attract them into your fold and hire them if you can.
- Either be a great manager, or hire one.
- Be willing to take risks. It is better to have tried and failed, than not to have tried at all.
- Embrace change. Make sure that you stay one step ahead of industry and customer changes.
- Have a business network in place before you open, grow it when you open, and maintain it for when you are ready for your next venture.
- Listen to those who have already had success, they have lessons to teach you.
These are ten key things that you must follow if you are to be successful as an entrepreneur. Matt Rush himself had to learn this the hard way. He had to develop himself until he was able to meet all these ten pointers, and he now aims to make sure that others don’t have to go through that learning curve. This is why the 10th point has been added to his list. He is a very successful entrepreneur and others can learn so much from him.