Purchasing an RV is an exciting decision, but also comes with a lot of possible repercussions. It is not just any other vehicle. An RV is costlier than your regular vehicle and will require plenty of maintenance on your part. However, you can also get more value for your money with the features and facilities it can offer. When you are looking to purchase an RV, you don’t have to look further than Fun Town RV Houston, as they can provide you with a wide range of RVs, both new and used, from the most popular brands. The question really is: Should you invest in a new RV, or get one that’s used?
This is not an easy decision to make and requires a great deal of thought. The only way to simplify this process is by considering the pros and cons of both sides. Read on below to find some advantages and disadvantages of investing in new or used RVs.
When you are purchasing a new RV, you are basically buying a model that’s either a couple of months or weeks old. Sometimes, you may even be getting an RV direct from the manufacturer, which means it has the latest features and customization.
- You get a top of the line, brand new RV from the assembly line.
- You have a full manufacturer warranty, which means you can return it if there is a problem.
- As it is a new vehicle, you don’t have to worry about any damage or wear and tear for a long time.
- You have to have a big budget in order to afford purchasing a new RV, as they are quite expensive.
- Not all RVs are customized by the manufacturer so you may have to spend money to get some desired features.
- If your local dealers don’t have the RV in stock, you may have to get it shipped.
When you purchase a used RV, you can’t know how long it has been in production and there may be some wear and tear that needs to be fixed.
- You can save a considerable amount of money when you purchase a used RV because, as with all vehicles, they depreciate quickly.
- You have the option of rebuilding, renovating and restoring the RV to your preferences.
- You can find a huge variety of RVs at your disposal, including models that are no longer in production.
- The RV may look perfectly find from the outside, but may have some problems within.
- You may not know the amount of RV value that has depreciated.
- Since it has been used, it is more likely to need repairs and you may have to deal with a higher cost of maintenance.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons of buying new and used RVs. If you are purchasing one for the first time, it is best to get a used one in order to get an idea of what it entails. A new one is expensive and loses value quickly, so that may not be a good idea.